We welcome into PBA membership congregations that are willing to:
- Celebrate American Baptist Churches’ (ABCUSA) mission and identity;
- Regularly emphasize the ministries of community, national and international missions during worship services;
- Involve youth and young adults in mission projects;
- Volunteer time and resources to assist with PBA ministries;
- Support ABCUSA offerings;
- Support the Association Offering;
- Read and respond to communication from PBA office.
PBA congregations enjoy the full benefits of membership that include:
- Fellowship with a diverse membership body committed to missions locally, nationally, and internationally;
- A range of congregational resources;
- A formal support network for pastors and missionaries;
- Ordination of clergy;
- Eligibility for retirement benefits for clergy and church staff through the Ministers and Missionary Benefits Board.
Come and join us!
- The first step toward membership is to download the Regional_Membership_Procedures_&_Church_Application.
- Once filled out, mail the forms to the PBA where they will be carefully reviewed by the Executive Minister and The Commission on the Ministry (COM).
- Congregations found in good standing that have completed the application forms will be invited to an interview with the Regional Executive Minister and COM.
Call the PBA office with any questions you may have and allow us to assist you in joining PBA!