An excerpt from the pastoral letter of Rev. Dr. James E. McJunkin, Jr.
Questions based on Luke 18: 1-9
- Will we ignore the plight and the plea for justice from the most vulnerable in our society or will we help to bind the wounds?
- In what ways are we able to identify and confront unjust leaders among us who are self-centered and demonstrate a lack compassion and empathy for the people?
- Why do we respond to people who are aggrieved only after feeling threatened by the free-floating anger unleashed by oppression and hate speech?
- In what ways are we complicit by allowing brutal policing practices that crush the powerless whose repeated calls for justice are ignored?
- Will there remain a remnant of the faithful among us who will seek justice for all people, even today?
- Do we trust that God is at the side of the oppressed?
Read the Regional Executive Pastors’ letter on the intersection of the crisis of policing, pandemic, and racial justice. Click Here